Saturday, June 12, 2010

Purpose

H25 was birthed out of an assignment for class that is called New Communication Technologies. The goal of this assignment is easy to understand: to try and create a campaign or cause that will experiment with new forms of communication to try and reach as many people as possible.

The idea of H25 was inspired by my passion of travel and adventure. Relatively new to the Houston area, I feel like I have not yet tapped into the potential that this city has to offer. But where is a central location on the Internet to find something that is of interest to me and is within my budget? The goal of H25 is to provide an easy way for people to get connect to this city without having to go to many different websites.

A lot of research is going to take place. Some ideas might be good. Some might not be. That is the good thing about an experiment. ☺ And depending on how this goes, it might turn into something I would like to keep up. However it turns out, I feel privileged to take this task on with my fellow classmates.

With all this being said I would love to hear any ideas from anyone about what you think the website I am creating should include. Like I said in my previous post, I am going to conduct interviews about people’s favorite places to go in Houston. I am hoping that this will inspire readers to go out and explore some of these places and then possibly comment with any feedback, good or bad.

So make sure you check back every week to check out the interviews. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment